I'm a Venezuelan photographer based between Barcelona and London. I've been on an ongoing exploration of language and identity through personal projects since getting my first camera back when I was 17 yrs old. I thrive in nature, and often turn to see the magic of the mundane. I have a special interest in female portraiture, and travel diaries as a means to lead the inner journey.
In my practice, I seek to echoe my interior world through my interaction with the exterior world.
• June 2018. 'Oro Negro: Absurd Sculptures' at Latinos Creative Society Group Show 'Latin American Myth Deconstruction'. Crypt Gallery, London.
• August 2016. 'The Whiteout' single selected for The Adventure Handbook Photo Comp Exhibition. RVCA Gallery. Melbourne, Australia.
• May 2016. 'The Whiteout' single selected for The Adventure Handbook Photo Comp Exhibition Group Show. Goodspace Gallery. Sydney, Australia.
• Mar. 2016. Single from 'The Whiteout' on New Republic.
• Feb. 2016. 'The Whiteout' featured on Fisheye Magazine.
• Feb. 2016. Single from 'The Whiteout' on Humble Arts Foundation group show.
• Jan. 2016. 'The Whiteout' featured on TripMag.
• October 2015. 'The Whiteout' at Encontros da Imagem - Group projection. Braga, Portugal.
• March 2015. MiniClick's experimental project: The Heart Grows Fonder at FORMAT Festival. Derby, UK.
• Fall 2014. 'Nothing Fancy'. Collective show at The Phoenix Gallery-Bar. High Wycombe, UK.
• Summer 2014. ‘Aquí y Allá’ - Collective show on Contemporary Photography at Circulo de Bellas Artes. Madrid, Spain.
• Summer 2012. Photo España - EFTI Collective Student Exhibit. Madrid, Spain.
'Me llamo Peng' (Jahel Guerra, Victoria Molina de Carranza, Spain, 2010, color, video, 29')
Synopsis: Peng Ruan filmed himself obsessively from the moment he arrived in Europe from China. The camera became his best friend. He shot a total of 60 hours of amateur footage that captures his life over a period of six years and handed the material to co-director, Jahel Guerra, whilst working together at a sushi restaurant in Barcelona. At this moment, the team was completing a Master in documentary film at the UAB, setting the scenario to build the story from this raw material and create a candid portrait of a man who doesn't act as if his situation is better than it is.
Festivals and screenings:
• 2012 Carte Blanche - Museum of Immigration History. Paris, France.
• 2012 Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival. Toronto, Canada.
• 2012 Independent Documentary Film Festival 'Contra el Silencio de todas las voces'. Tlapan, Mexico. * Best Film on 'Migration, Borders and Exile' section.
• 2012 Festival de Cine Migratorio. Santander, Spain.
• 2012. Tierra di Tutti Film Festival. Bologna, Italy.
• 2011 Cortomieres. Asturias, Spain.
• 2011 Cinema Du Reel. Paris, France.
• 2011 Sitges Film Festival.Sitges, Spain.
• 2011 IDFA. Amsterdam, Netherlands.
• 2011 Festival Entrevues. Belfort, France.
• 2011 L'Alternativa Barcelona Independent Film Festival. Barcelona, Spain.
• 2011 DOCS Barcelona. Barcelona, Spain.